Thursday, January 2, 2014

5 Books to Share with the World~priddymomma

Hey guys!  Long time, no see!  Did ya miss me?  On second thought, don't answer that.  Sorry I fell off the bandwagon there.  I was sick for ages, and then I was crazy busy with Christmas planning and family things.  Honestly, I just didn't feel like stressing about one more deadline.  I am back now on the regular.  

This week, we're covering books again.  Here are five books that I read and immediately wanted to share with the world. 

5.) 


This book is light-hearted and frankly hilarious.  Put it this way:  I was in labor and laughing out loud at this book, even though it desperately hurt to laugh.  It was a great distraction.  I would recommend getting it as an audiobook for labor though.  I kept losing my place during contractions.

 


 4.)  A true story, this book blew me away.  It is proof that we can never truly know how completely we can change the lives of the people we encounter.  Every bit of kindness makes a difference.  A busy woman takes time to have lunch with a poor child, and the resulting friendship will blow you away.




3.)  
Okay, so I'm actually not finished with this one yet.  It has made a great deal of difference in how I think about the foods that I put into my body.  The book is aimed from a religious perspective, but I would encourage you to read it whether you are a believer or not.  The author makes excellent points.  My current favorite is this:  if you are spending time in excess (or energy, money, etc.) on something that you wish you weren't, what is missing in your life?  You are clearly filling a void with something that doesn't fulfill you.  The author says she was filling her belly with food when she actually needed to fill her spirit with God.  I think it applies for people addicted to electronic devices, gambling, television programs, you name it.  An eye opener, for sure. 




2.)  For those of you that do not know, I'm training to be a women's self defense instructor.  In my studies, I read this book.  I immediately wanted to share it with every woman I know.  Every PERSON I know.  This would be useful to teach in schools!  I highly recommend reading this book.  It just might save your life one day.



1.) 
 This book gets my place of honor for a simple reason:  it saved my marriage.  I don't know that my husband and I would have been able to make it through the rough patch we hit four years ago if it weren't for this book and what we learned from it.  We learned that we had been showing love and affection for each other, but not in ways that the other person could recognize it.  If I ever meet Gary Chapman, I will kiss him straight on the mouth. 



We take requests for topics!  Comment here or on our facebook fan page.  Or email us at thecaseofthemissingcheerios@gmail.com 

See ya next week!  :)





No comments:

Post a Comment