Saturday, June 7, 2014

10 Things My Kids Do Now That I Will Miss As They Get Older ~ Tori

This is a hard topic for me because there are so many more things than just 10 that I will miss as my kids get older. It's so hard for me to even pick. So I'm just going to list the first 10 things that come to my mind, hopefully that's okay.
I'm being a big baby about this post and getting a little sentimental and emotional just writing out these things. haha

1. Cuddling- I love my cuddle time with my kiddos. We often snuggle up on the couch with books, or to watch TV. Especially during family movie night then both love snuggling in my arms one of each side of me.

2. Holding my hand- I love when they hold my hand. Especially those times where they really want to show me something they have discovered and they reach out to grab my hand. Also there's times they will just hold my hand for really no reason at all, and it just warms my heart.

3. Telling me every little detail about everything- It doesn't matter if it's something they seen, read, did that day an idea they had, etc. I love them filling me in on every single detail about whatever they want. Even if they are gross details. (Which when talking two boys you will get info on boogers, burps, etc lol). Right now I can ask about school or their thoughts and they explode with information. I know later they will probably just give me one word answers if any at all. :(

4. Their Hugs & Kisses- While I hope that they will always give me hugs and kisses I know that as they get older this will decrease or go away. Especially before bedtime when we do our goodnight hugs and kisses. Right now if I'm sad or feeling sick they love on me and give me hugs or kisses on the cheek. One instance I was sick with the stomach flu and could hardly get off the couch, they both went and got me a pillow, covered me with a throw blanket, and made sure I had a bottle of water near in case I got thirsty. They also kept giving me plenty of hugs and telling me how much they loved me.

5. Pictures they make- Both my boys are always making me pictures. Whether we are painting, drawing, coloring, or doodling I know each of them will send a picture my way. It really warms my heart. I keep as many of them as I can and probably have just about every single one. Of course I can't hang them all up but I have a tote that is almost over bursting with pictures. lol I take them out from time to time and look at them all. I always give them tons of praise and encouragement and their little eyes just shine. I love it.

6. Their silly crazy jokes- Even if their jokes make no sense at all I love their excitment over them. Their crazy abandon and how they don't care what anyone thinks. They just want to make people laugh. Whether the jokes make sense or not I always give a big laugh and they just get so thrilled over it, and they laugh and laugh. They get those little giggles going, and I just love it.

7. Their view on the world- I love my kid's view on the world. They really do make us take the time to stop and smell the roses. They notice so many small details that we would otherwise miss. Whether it's a butterfly on a flower, an interesting shaped cloud, a bird in a tree, etc. I love that they see so much of the world and take such enjoyment in it. Especially with a life that can get so hectic and crazy. As adults it is so easy to miss all those little things.

8. My children wanting to be with me all the time- Sure all us parents grumble now and again about never getting any private time. I am guilty of it also. And while it is good for us all to get a little time, I also love when my children want to be with me. It warms my heart and I just feel so loved by them. I know as they get older it they won't want to spend as much time with me. Now I can ask if they want to run here or there with me, and we can do all kinds of things that they see fun. But as they get older they may not want to spend as much time with their "old" mom. LOL Whether they go through the embarrassment stage, or just want to be with their own peer group. I'm enjoying our time while we have it.

9.  The way they say certain things. My boys are both so silly and are always coming up with some of the craziest, funny things. They often catch me off guard and I usually find myself in a fit of laughter. Their phrases or words, and even their pronunciations. I just love all of it. Especially some of their pronunciations. I know sometimes I should correct them, but to be honest it is just so cute I hate to! LOL Like how my oldest will sometimes say awlsome instead of awesome. Or how my youngest will say wapkin instead of napkin. Those are just a couple instances. Or how each of them will have the craziest thoughts or questions that will catch you totally off guard. It's a lot of fun.

10. Everything- Parenting is very bittersweet. It's the greatest feeling in the world. Being a mom is so much more than I ever imagined it to be. I never felt it was possible to feel so much love. Putting that feeling into words is so hard because there are no combination of words to do the feeling justice. My heart just swells with love for my children. They are amazing, funny, smart, caring, and wonderful. I am so proud of them, and I know they will both do great things. But I admit I always get a little nostalgic at times because time really does speed by, and they really do grow fast. One minute they are tiny little babes you hold in your arms, the next they are toddlers getting into everything, and before you know it your wondering what happened to time. I am just so thankful to be Blessed with my two little loves. I will miss everything about them being kids. :)

So with all that said and with sentimental tears in my eyes I leave you with one of my favorite quotes:

Elizabeth Stone — 'Making the decision to have a child - it is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. '

No comments:

Post a Comment