Thursday, October 24, 2013

Top 10 Surprising Books~priddymomma



Hope you all are doing well!  This week is top ten books that surprised me.  Here we go!

10. )    
The Hunger Pains:  A Parody by The Harvard Lampoon
I was so disappointed with this book.  It is supposed to be funny and mock The Hunger Games.  It was just terrible.

9.)       
Into the Wild (Warriors series book one) by Erin Hunter
This is a book series for kids about cats.  I was lacking reading material one day, walked past it in the library, and thought what they hey.  I read the entire series.  It turned out to be full of action and quite interesting.

8.)       
The Stand by Stephen King
I was expecting the post-apocalyptic scenario.  I wasn’t expecting the supernatural tone.  So good.

7.)       
A Series of Unfortunate Events (complete work) by Lemony Snicket
I confess I saw the movie first.  The books are tragic and hilarious, and the ending is absolutely depressing.  I’m not sure if I recommend it or not, to be honest.  It made me feel too much.  Boo feelings.

6.)       
The Da Vinci Code (Robert Langdon book two) by Dan Brown
Amazing book, and great movie!  Dan Brown writes books that keep you thinking long after you’ve closed them.

5.)       
Message in a Bottle by Nicholas Sparks
Stupid book had me sobbing all over the place.  I recommend it if you hate happy endings. 

4.)       
Mockingjay (Hunger Games book three) by Suzanne Collins
There were so many plot points towards the end that just blew my mind.  Great read.

3.)       
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter book seven) by J.K. Rowling
No list of surprising books would be complete without Rowling.  All of the series by right should be here, but Deathly Hallows is my favorite and thus takes the cake. 

2.)       
Cold Days by Jim Butcher (book 14 in Dresden Files series)
Page turner with several twists, and is 14th book in the series but best yet.  I have no idea when the next comes out but I’m pulling out my hair here.

1.)       
The Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan (book three in Heroes of Olympus series)
If you’ve read anything by Riordan, you know he’s a master plot weaver.  But the literal cliff hanger at the end had me reeling and tossing the book across the room.  Jerk.  DON’T MESS WITH MY PERCABETH!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment