This week we are going to be sharing some recipes that our kiddos love. Every kid has different tastes, likes, dislikes, etc. But maybe you will rediscover an old favorite, or find a new one! :)
My kids love homemade pizza. And it is actually inexpensive. You don't have to spend a fortune, and you can tweak it how you like it. Your creating your own masterpiece. My kids are big into cheese so they love sharp cheddar, colby, and mozzarella. It doesn't take long to bake, and it's much healthier than the stuff you buy frozen or out, and so much cheaper. You control the amount of cheese and sauce.
Healthy Baked Chicken Nuggets from Skinnytaste
Credit for this recipe: skinnytaste.com
I found this recipe on a blog almost a year ago. I made it and the kids went crazy over it. It's now one of their favorites. You only need some boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into bites, parmesan cheese, seasoned breading, and a few other items. The complete recipe is here. I've tweaked the breading a few times to mix it up a bit, but they always love it.
Mac & Cheese & Corn Casserole
Because my kids are fanatics of cheese and corn I decided to mix the two.
- 1 (8-oz.) package elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 can of corn (depending on how much you want to add)
- 1 (8-oz.) block sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. Keep warm.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium-low heat; whisk in flour until smooth. Cook, whisking constantly, 2 minutes. Gradually whisk in milk, and cook, whisking constantly, 5 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat. Stir in cooked pasta, 1 cup shredded cheese, and corn.
- Spoon pasta mixture into a lightly greased 2-qt. baking dish; top with remaining 1 cup cheese.
- Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Tilapia baked with Roasted Veggies
As simple as the title. Gorton's has some of the best tilapia, but it's something that my kids really love. Plus it's healthy so it's a win win.