Saturday, March 30, 2013

April Goals - Leslie

I apologize in advance for the more short and to the point post.  A is running a fever today and is very clingy, so I am writing one-handed with a whiny toddler on my lap.  My April goals are pretty typical for this time of year, what with the start of spring and all.  My strategy to accomplish these goals is to take out a big chunk this week since school (and work) is out on spring break.  That way I won't have to worry about getting the time consuming things done on weekends or try to fit them in on work days.  Now... we'll just see if that's what actually happens.

Goal #1 - Spring Cleaning
This place is a mess.  There is stuff EVERYWHERE.  It's time to go through and purge, clean, and organize.  That will be the project for the majority of my spring break.  I just can't stand all the clutter anymore.  Here is a rough schedule of things I'd like to accomplish:

Sunday 3/31 - Bathroom, kitchen, and laundry.
Monday 4/1 - Living Room and dining room.
Tuesday 4/2 - Bedroom and laundry.
Wednesday 4/3 - Deep clean and organize front of apt.
Thursday 4/4 - Deep clean and organize back of apt.
Friday 4/5 - Haul stuff to Goodwill.

Goal #2 - Health
I want to start eating better, as I'm sure most people do.  However, I'm really trying to give it a good shot and not just give up entirely if I mess up once.  My goal for April is to be mindful of what I'm putting inside my body.  I also want to start exercising.  I don't do anything more than just my day to day activity and I know that has to change.  I will take advantage of the sunshine and just walk or take A to the playground and run around with her.  I want to do something more than what I am without trying to push myself too far too fast.

Goal #3 - Family Time/Personal Time
Hopefully by getting the major cleaning tasks done this week, I can free up some much needed family time for the rest of the month.  I'm hoping that all I will have to worry about with cleaning is just maintaining, rather than starting from a super mess.  I would love to be able to sit down and read a book more often, or play with Addie, or go outside and not have to worry about the dishes that need to be washed or the mountain of laundry waiting for me. 

Goal #4 - A Activities
I want to find more things to do with A.  It's getting warmer and thus I think there will be more available to choose from.  I would love to find something we can afford to get her involved with as well, whether it's dance, an art class, a music class, a sport, or just a playgroup.  I want her to be more involved with other kids her age starting now since we are planning to homeschool.  I want her to be able to form those bonds of friendship with others.  We go to the local library toddler time every week, but she is shy and slowly starting to be more comfortable there.  I would like for her to do something else as well, if we could.

Goal #5 - Save Money
A major goal for me, and not just in April.  We've had some difficulty getting adjusted lately, but I want to start putting away some green to use in emergencies or for vacations.  S'yeah.

Those are my goals for April and hopefully I can check at least some, if not all, off the list.  Wish me luck!

If you have any topic suggestions please feel free to send them our way!  thecaseofthemissingcheerios@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment