Sunday, April 14, 2013

Day in the Life - Leslie

Unfortunately I wasn't able to take as many pictures of my day as I'd hoped.  Sorry for the lack of visual aid, but here you go!  A typical day for me.

4:50am - Wake up, potty, shower and brush teeth.  So.  Tired.

5:10am - Get dressed.

5:20am - Brush hair and then put together breakfast to eat at work.

5:35am - Watch the news while I fill my purse with stuff.  I have a big purse, so usually I put whatever I'm having for breakfast in a plastic grocery bag and stick it in the purse.  Wallet, breakfast, book, ID lanyard, various other things.  Check.  Also have to make sure I grab my bottle of water.


5:55am - Leave for work.  So dark out.  Still tired.




6:15am - Arrive at work.  Clock in.  Sit in the driver's room trying to stay awake until time to go out on our route.

6:35am - 7:15am - High school morning route.  Everybody is tired and quiet, except for the love birds.

7:30am - 8:00am - Back at the bus garage for our layover.  Usually I just eat breakfast (hard boiled egg, feta, tomatos, and carrots) and read.  Or talk to Jer.

8:00am - 9:00am - Elementary/preschool morning route.  Quiet ride.

9:10am - Clock out.  Time to go home!  Can't wait to see A.

9:25am - Home.  Tackled by A.  Love it.

9:25am - 11:30am - Playtime with A.  Usually we read books, watch shows, or play with her stuffed animals together.  We also like to sit together on the bed while she reads her books and I read mine.  Also, tickle time!



11:30am - Lunch time.  Homemade tomato soup.  Yum.

12:15pm - Nap time for A.  She wasn't happy about it, but she needed the sleep.

1:30pm - Head back to work.

1:55pm - Arrive at work.  Clock in.  Sit and wait to leave.

2:10pm - 3:00pm - High school afternoon route.  The kids had a good day and are in high spirits.

3:00pm - 3:15pm - Short layover.  Usually just park and wait.

3:20pm - Time to pick up the preschoolers.  They are pretty rowdy.

3:30pm - Pick up elementary.  Today should be keep-your-hands-to-yourself day.

4:20pm - Last drop off.  Head back to the garage to clock out.  So ready to go back home.

4:45pm - Get home.  Sit with A.  Read for a bit or clean.  Make dinner.

6:00pm - Dinner.  Bruschetta with tomatos and feta.  Yum!

7:00pm - 8:00pm - Quiet time with Addie.
 
8:00pm - 9:00pm - Wash face, brush teeth, brush A teeth, get a drink of water.

9:00pm - Lay down with A and a book.  Read to her and then she lays with me and falls asleep while I read my book.

10pm - Sleep.  Usually.  :|

No comments:

Post a Comment