Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Homemade Products vs. Store Bought Products ~ Tori

 
 
 
This week we're going to be discussing homemade VS store bought products. To figure out which is the right one for you, you need to factor out quality and cost. Asking yourself these questions can help:
 
  • Is the quality the same?
  • Will I be saving money?
  • Which is healthier for my family?
  • Do I have all the ingredients and time needed to get into homemade products?
Those are just a few questions you can ponder. To be honest I do dabble in a lot of homemade items. Going to the store for certain things can be so pricey, and such a waste of time if you can make something just as good at home.
One of my favorite things to make is homemade febreeze which calls for some fabric softener, baking soda, and water.
You can also make your own fabric softener (which I haven't tried yet but would like to).
Most generally when making something homemade you get a lot more of it than you would if you go to the store and purchase it. Your also going to save money in the long run even if you do seem to be spending more at first on certain ingredients. Mainly because the ingredients you buy, you will be able to use over and over, as well as use them for other products.
 
Personally I think a lot of homemade products are much better than store bought. The quality is better, and you get a lot more bang for your buck. Problem is the time it takes to make them. For instance, cake mixes. I love making cakes from scratch, but sometimes I'm short on time or energy and find myself using boxed mixes more than anything. I would like to get into making more homemade products for my family and household. There's everything out there right at your fingertips.
Most homemade household cleaners for instance are much better than store bought. Homemade baby food can be much healthier and safer for your child to eat.
 
We all have the ability to go completely homemade, and to be honest I prefer homemade objects. But I still need store bought as well. I need store bought sunscreen, mosquito repellent, etc. But when you take a look around you can find easy to make things that are just as good as store bought (even if they take a bit of time to make) that will save you money.
 
Do you make anything homemade? Which one do you prefer? Homemade or store bought?

No comments:

Post a Comment