This post is going up a bit late for me, but let's just pretend it's Tuesday okay? Yesterday turned out to be a tad insane around my house. You moms know those kind of days right? Where nothing seems to go right, your losing your mind and forgetting everything, etc. That was pretty much my day in a nutshell (which seems to be my brain).
Anyway I decided to re-visit an old favorite of mine. Jello Poke Cake! Since we are more of a cupcake family though I was looking at the cupcake versions. Problem is I could not find one recipe that included any of the ingredients I had on hand, and I had already done my grocery shopping for the week. So, I tweaked the recipe below a bit::
Here's what I came up with::
Funfetti Jello Poke Cupcakes
1 Box Funfetti Cake Mix
(ingredients required to make the cake - usually eggs, vegetable oil, and water)
1 3oz. box of Jello gelatin (I used berry blue but you can choose your flavor or use multiple ones)
1 cup boiled water
1 container of Funfetti icing (you can also use whipped frosting or cool whip)
1) Mix cupcakes according the instructions on the back of the box.
2) Spoon cake mix into cupcake pan, and bake as directed...
3) Allow cupcakes to cool completely...
4) Poke holes into the cupcakes using a toothpick or fork. (I just used a fork). Poke plenty of holes in the cupcakes. Make sure you go a little deep so the jello mix can really seep down in there.
5) Boil 1 cup water, add entire 3oz box of jello mix, stir until completely dissolved.
6) Using a spoon, pour the gelatin over the cupcakes slowly, making sure it seeps into the holes.
7) Once the jello mix is poured over all the cupcakes, it's time to slide them into the fridge. They will need to be refrigerated like this for about 3 hours so the jello can set.
8) After sitting in the fridge for about 3 hours you are safe to pull out your cupcakes and begin icing them, and adding your toppings.
9) If you like your frosting cold you can refrigerate them again if need be, but however you want to do it these cupcakes are now ready to eat and enjoy. :)
These are fun, festive, and really easy to make. They are a fast treat for any sweet tooth. They require few ingredients, and there are so many ways you can tweak Jello Poke Cupcakes (or jello poke cake) to your own liking. Either way just have fun with it, and ENJOY! :)