Thursday, July 11, 2013

Top 10 Books~priddymomma



Hey guys!  Sorry about last week.  We were all busy with our own things and forgot all about posting.  I’m sure you know what that’s like. 

Before we get started on the topic this week, I’d like to give a shout out to Kim!  Kim is new to our blog and will be updating on Mondays starting next week.  That’s four days a week, folks.  Join us Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays!  And remember, as always, that we accept topic requests.  Comment below or email us at thecaseofthemissingcheerios@gmail.com

Alrighty.  Enough of the shameless plugging.  Moving right along. 
Top 10 Books.  Wow.  I love to read, but I’m going to struggle with this one.  I have a tendency to read a lot of series(es?), so for the purposes of this post, we’ll just count a series as one book.  (Shut up.  It’s my post and I’ll do what I want!)

1.      Harry Potter.  If you make me pick, Deathly Hallows.  If you haven’t read Harry Potter by now, turn off the computer and pick up a copy.  You can hug me later.  I also accept monetary donations.
Yeah.  This is a recent photo.  I'm kind of a fan.
2.      The Dresden Files by Jim Butcher.  It’s like Harry Potter for adults.  By that I mean there’s cursing, sex, and smart-assery.  Harry Dresden (ironic perhaps that he shares a first name with another favorite wizard of mine) is a wizard AND a private investigator.  Also, he gets in trouble.  Lots.  And kick butt female leads.  If the first book doesn’t hook you, the second will.

3.      The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller.  This is one of the few stand-alones on my list.  I’m a sucker for Greek mythology, and Miller winds such an amazing tale.  Here’s my review for goodreads:  http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/359713642  Follow me while you’re there! (more plugging!  Gah!)
4.      Percy Jackson and the Olympians series by Rick Riordan.  Everything Riordan writes is gold.  And I’m cheating again…Heroes of Olympus series by Rick Riordan.  Sequel series to above mentioned.  Waiting for House of Hades to come out is torture!  PERCABETH!!!
The cover is so hardcore!
5.      The Morganville Vampire series by Rachel Caine.  This is an extensive series.  There are 14 or 15 books already released, but you will love the characters and the action.  Vampires, violence and kick butt chicks.  What’s not to love?
6.      Millennium series by Stieg Larson.  This is the series that brought you The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo.  Masterful writing and thread-weaving.
7.      The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown.  It’s technically part of a series, but this book in particular I enjoy.  I’ve read the book several times and watched the movie close to a dozen.  I love stories with clues that you get to tinker out yourself.

8.      The Chronicles of Narnia by C. S. Lewis.  Oldie but a goodie.  I love reading this series to the kids.
9.      39 Clues Series by Scholastic (misc. authors).  I know, I know.  It’s a guilty pleasure.  The books are really very educational.
10.  Stay by Allie Larkin.  A stand-alone happy-ending kind of book.  The woman gets drunk and orders a dog online.  Hilarity ensues.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment