Monday, July 22, 2013

Working Out - Kim

Why hello! This is my first official post, and this week we're discussing the bane of my existence, working out.

 
Don't get me wrong. I fully admit that working out is an awesome thing to do. It's healthy and when you get in the habit it can be fun. In fact, that's one of the first things I try to do when I start working out - find something fun that can keep me entertained and excited to work out.  However, I have a bad habit of losing motivation when doing so.

My exercise is almost in a loop. I look in the mirror and see that I don't like my size. The next day I start a work out and am excited to do so. I start my exercises and although I struggle, I'm laughing during it. This lasts maybe up to a month, and I start to feel great. Then out of nowhere... boom! Either I or the boys gets sick or something comes up that causes me to forget my daily workout. I think, oh, I'll make it up tomorrow. Then my brain for some reason says, "Eh, you know what? We're good." And I stop. Then I pin a bunch of exercises on Pinterest and pretend I'm a twig. And then eat some ice cream because ice cream makes everything better.
*Hahaha* I rule your existence!
All jokes aside, motivation is my biggest weakness when it comes to working out. That, and due to my work schedule, I rarely get to exercise with people I know. That's another biggie that I wish I had - a workout bud! My husband can't necessarily do the exercises I can do, because he has exercise-induced asthma. Not having someone with me to exercise with really doesn't help a motivation problem.

See? With workout buddies, you can have just as much fun!

Still, when I do exercise, I try to do easier exercises because I don't do it a lot. I tend to do a bit of jogging because I love to run, and I do a few stomach and leg exercises as well. I love Zumba, but I'm never off work in time to make it to a Zumba lesson around me! So I make do - we have an Xbox 360 with Kinect, and I try to play a little bit of Zumba on there, as well as I play a bit on my Wii Fit. See? Video games can help, especially when you don't have equipment or a gym.

This game is also the boss at kicking your butt in gear. Seriously. This game. Get it.

Still, exercising can be fun. Find something that looks fun, whether it be a specific sport, hobby (like skating or dancing), cardio, strength training, yoga, etc. Have a buddy who has your back when you run low on motivation and who can rely on you as well for the same. Eat right. Find time in your day to at least walk a bit. Every step helps! Don't push yourself too hard and know when to quit. Too much exercise can be just as bad as not enough!

And with that, I must go. My village is missing its idiot.

No comments:

Post a Comment