Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Working Out ~ Tori



As a busy mom it can be incredibly hard to find time to work out. When there is a bit of time in my day I can think of so many other ways to fill that time. Quiet reading time, cleaning (as a mom to two young boys something ALWAYS needs cleaning), etc. The list goes on and on.
But the fact of the matter is that we all need to work out. What method we use to work out will vary, but keeping healthy is the main goal we all have in common.
Sometimes it's best to just quit over thinking and make some extra time in our day for working out. A little time each day will help us in so many ways.
Working out makes you feel better, helps you live longer, and (believe it or not) makes you have more energy.
And if you don't have time for a complex work out routine there are many simple ways to sneak in a few methods to help you. Maybe take the stairs instead of the elevator. 
Have a day planned at the park with the kiddos? Walk there instead of driving. Or walk to a place close to you that you usually drive to. No sense in wasting money on gas when you could enjoy the day and take a nice walk.


Set your clock a bit early in the morning (even 15-30 mins) to get in an early morning work out. Do some squats, jumping jacks, yoga, etc. Do zumba once a week. There are so many ways you can make working out a part of your daily routine without infringing on anything else. And although it may seem a task at first you will very soon notice some small differences in your days. Increase in energy, better mood, you will find yourself sleeping better at night, you'll find an extra little spark in your sex life, and you'll notice over time weight loss.
I for one like to get up a bit early. There's a window (albeit a small one) where everyone in my house is asleep and I can wake up without dragging my feet around. It's about thirty minutes and I use this time to get some workouts in. The house is silent, I have a space to myself, and I get at it. It's nice to have a bit of quiet time to myself and know that I'm bettering myself (even if a little bit) by getting my workout in. And even though I often find some of my muscles sore I notice a significant difference throughout my daily routine. I tend to be happier, have more energy, and feel more accomplished. 
Just remember that if your working out to maintain weight eating healthy also goes hand in hand with that. Not saying cut out everything delicious in your life. Life is short and we must live it. But here and there we can make better choices. 


By working out you will feel better about yourself, you'll feel more sexy, more confident. We can all use some of that right?
It's a great stress burner and it will calm you through some of those tough moments sure to pop up through your normal mom day.
Bottom line is exercise can be fun, and it can definitely make you feel better.
The best advice as one mom to another that I can give you is just don't put to high of expectations on working out. Often we set ourselves for too high of goals that we find difficult to reach. Everyone is different and we all work at our own pace. No body is the same. Just have fun with working out and be a friend to yourself rather than an enemy. 
If you have worked out all week long and there's no difference than the previous week don't be down on yourself. At least you haven't gained! And most importantly at least your keeping active and having fun.
Nobody is perfect and as long as your on the path to bettering yourself, you are on the right path. Have patience with working out and have patience with yourself. Don't expect the same results that someone else may gain from working out because you are not them. And most importantly, I can't say this enough, have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment