Friday, August 30, 2013

Bottled or Tap?

When it comes to water, I personally go by taste! Usually I only drink tap water if I have tons and tons of ice. Bottled water is pretty convenient. If I carry a bottle of water with me, I drink it. Sometimes its bottled water, and sometimes I fill up a container from home. I try to always have one on me so I get my water in for the day! My kiddos like water! From tap and bottles. I water their juice down with tap water. So now Keagan calls it water-juice. I find that pretty funny. I used to hide it when I did it, but now he assists me. He also likes having a bottle of water with him when we are out and about. When it comes to the kids drinking water at home, honestly whatever I am closer to I give them. So if I'm at home and closer to the sink, I give them tap, with ice of course ;). I did look at an article about tap vs. bottled....look what I found...

"Yes, some bottled water comes from sparkling springs and other pristine sources. But more than 25 percent of it comes from a municipal supply. The water is treated, purified and sold to us, often at a thousandfold increase in price. Most people are surprised to learn that they’re drinking glorified tap water, but bottlers aren’t required to list the source on the label.
This year Aquafina will begin stating on labels that its H2O comes from public water sources. And Nestlé Pure Life bottles will indicate whether the water comes from public, private or deep well sources. Dasani acknowledges on its website, but not on the label itself, that it draws from local water.

So, a lot of the bottled water is tap water....very interesting! 

Whatever water you prefer, make sure you drink it! It is very important!

No comments:

Post a Comment